Last updated: September 2017
During the 2016 – 2017 academic year, I prepared three manuscripts for journal publication. Over the summer, I received reviews on all three pieces. Updates for each piece are below.
- “Distributed Writing as a Lens for Examining Writing as an Embodied Practice.” Prepared for Technical Communication Quarterly. Revised and Resubmitted, July 2017.
- “Multiliteracies and Digital Writing: Podcasts for Cultivating Functional, Critical, and Rhetorical Literacies.” Prepared for Prompt: A Journal of Academic Writing Assignments. Rejected June 2017. Tabled for now; will revisit Spring 2018.
- “Writing as a Distributed Cognitive Act: A Situated Study of Workplace Writers.” Prepared for Written Communication. Currently in revision. Resubmission deadline: November 2017.
Over the summer, I began data analysis on my ePortfolio project. I will present a preliminary analysis on some of this data at the Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication (CPTSC) Conference
I have two book projects in very early stages of development:
- Writing & Cognition: This book project grows out of my dissertation work, but it further explores the cognitive implications of the distributed nature of writing and the ways in which technology, materiality, and embodiment intersect in writing.
- ePortfolios on the Job: After my initial ePortfolio project is completed in 2018, I would like to expand upon that work in two ways: further investigation into employers’ genre expectations for ePortfolios and longitudinal studies of students creating ePortfolios and continuing to use them over the course of their early careers (or not).